Translate

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Throwing a Shoe




Off to a grand start for the 2014-2015 year!  I believe I must be the first Leverett Elementary School teacher in over a hundred years to throw a shoe on his way to work.  Only I didn't notice I had thrown it till I arrived at school and my horse pulled up lame.

Actually, I was on my bike, not my horse, and it did not pull up lame. I dropped the shoe (actually a sport sandal) off the back as I rode up Depot Road. I had to retrace my steps (pedals?) all the way past Amherst Road to the steepest part of the hill on Depot before I spotted it.

Luckily I didn't have to nail it back on or call a farrier to reattach it. A bungee cord and my panniers served instead.  Feel like starting the year off with a tall tale, anyone?

Thanks to http://www.horsemanmagazine.com/2008/09/shoeing-with-porter-geen-world-class-farrier/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment